Background to Shipping
Background to shipping from Coracle is a specially created "bundle of activities", designed to prepare you for a career in the shipping industry. Having an understanding of the whole industry will set you up for a successful career in any of the paths you choose to go down within the industry.
Aimed at: Those who are interested in having a good understanding of all areas of shipping and the marine industry.
Ideal for: Candidates of Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers (ICS) Diploma and PQE exams, as it covers many of the syllabuses available to them.
This course contains 9 activities, covering a range of topics, including:
- Ships and Trade: Global shipping and trading patterns.
- The Maritime Business and indepth analysis of its players.
- Bills of Lading: Functions and types
- Port Agency. Role and authority of an agent etc.
- Bulk Carrier and Tanker Documents.
- Liner Agency Documentation & The agency agreement.
- Indepth descriptions and analysis of Chartering.
- Ports and Cargoes: The location, origins and facilities of ports.
- Ship Management and Operations.
”Background to Shipping is very interesting, very useful and written in very simple understandable language… the course is simply perfect” – Juris Dombrovskis, Ship Agent at Wm H Muller Baltic Ltd
”The Background to Shipping course has helped me organize the knowledge I had about shipping and provided additional useful information. Even though English is a second language to me, I found the course easy to read and understand.” – Sabina Cimpoieru Ryan, UAE
|Product Type||Learning Line Courses|
|Price (excl. tax)||£99.00|
|Price (incl. tax)||£99.00|
|Summary||Introductory guide to commercial shipping|
|Study time||10-12 hours|